San Diego Employment Law Lawyers
Fighting Against Unfair Workplace Practices
Employment law is concerned with the statutes, rules, and regulations pertaining to employer-employee relationships. The laws are in place not just to protect the employer's best interests but also to ensure that employees are treated fairly and their rights are not violated. At The Law Office of George Gedulin, we represent workers who have been subject to unjust workplace practices. Employment law is complex, and without a thorough understanding of the statutes, it can be challenging to know what course of action you can take to resolve your matter. If you're involved in a dispute with your employer, turn to us for the legal representation you need.
Our San Diego employment law attorneys recognize that your ability to support yourself and your family may rest on your continued employment. That is why we work hard to ensure that any unfair practices that affect your job are addressed and resolved. Our team will explain in clear terms your federal and state employment rights and discuss your legal options. We have over 30 years of combined experience and will help effectively navigate your case.
What Employment Laws Protect My Rights?
Thousands of state and federal laws and rules are in place to ensure workers are not taken advantage of. The statutes regulate all types of matters that can arise in the workplace, such as those involving discrimination, harassment, leave, and hours and wages.
In some cases, an employer or employee must meet certain criteria for specific laws to apply. For instance, a company may only be required to offer leave if they have a certain number of workers and the employee requesting leave must have worked for their employer for a specific amount of time. Because of the nuances of these laws and rules, it's crucial to discuss your situation with our employment law attorneys in San Diego. We'll provide sound counsel and advice and work to enforce the state or federal law that applies to your case.
A few of the federal laws in place that protect workers' rights include:
- The Family Medical Leave Act: Under this law, employers meeting certain criteria must offer unpaid medical leave to qualifying employees.
- Fair Labor and Standards Act: This law concerns the minimum wage employers are required to pay their employees. It also enumerates the situations in which an employer must pay their workers overtime.
- Age Discrimination Employment Act: Employers cannot discriminate against workers who are 40 years of age or older.
- Americans with Disabilities Act: Under this law, employers are prohibited from discriminating against current or potential employees with mental or physical impairments.
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964: This section of the Civil Rights Act provides that employers cannot make hiring or termination decisions based on a worker's physical characteristics, such as sex, religion, or race.
Although we have listed above federal laws concerning employees' rights, it's important to note that California also has laws to protect workers. Many of these statutes are similar to the federal laws, and some, such as those concerning minimum wages, offer greater benefits.
Types of Cases We Handle
Various types of disputes can arise between employees and employers. Regardless of the issue you're involved in, it's important to have a skilled San Diego employment law attorney on your side throughout your case.
At the Law Office of George Gedulin, we handle a variety of employment law matters, including:
Take Action with the Help of Our Employment Lawyer in San Diego, CA
Our San Diego employment law attorneys will work closely with you to pursue legal action against your employer. We find it unacceptable when a company clearly violates workers' rights and will work hard toward obtaining a favorable result for you.